Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tips for make up brush cleaning

How to Clean Your Make-Up Brushes

January 22, 2013

When it comes to washing make-up brushes, it’s easy to be lazy or not realize how long its been since the last time. However, if you’re going more than a week you’re not doing yourself any favors. With regular use, brushes become a breeding ground for bacteria and debris, plus have old make-up, natural oils and more hanging around. #gross. Take five minutes once per week at night, and by morning you’ll have perfectly clean brushes. This also means you’ll see better make-up results since each application has the exact intended colors (not caked on color from past uses. You’ll be surprised what stays around!). This is an unofficial 2013 resolution of mine and I’m seeing such improved make-up application… and this really only takes 3-5 minutes. Put the music on and have fun with it.

Two ways to clean:
1. Speedy: with a make-up towelette or unscented baby wipe (in between better cleanses). If it’s safe enough for your face or a babe’s bun, it’s safe enough for your brushes.
2. More thorough: soap + water. Select a mild soap, like Aveeno for babies or a Dove white soap, that’s natural and unscented.

Instructions for a more thorough clean:
1. Lay out all of your brushes by your bathroom sink.
2. Fill a small cup with lukewarm water (I used a kid’s bathroom cup).
3. Dip brush in water to get thoroughly wet; then put a small amount of soap in the palm of your hand.
4. Gently swirl the brush in your hand — and see the magic happen! Repeat as necessary until you do not see any residue.
5. Dip brush back in the water to remove soap and then gently brush over a towel to remove any final residue.

6. Lay on a towel to dry, and repeat process for all brushes. Flip brushes after a few hours to encourage even drying.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post: