justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Thanked 1,957 Times in 458 Posts
justanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputation

Being a godly man has never been more challenging—or more necessary—than it is today. Immersed in stereotypes that paint men as either weak-kneed wimps or muscle-bound brutes, the biblical view of Christlike manhood has not fared well. And we Christian men who try to base our lives on biblical principles often meet tough resistance – in this age of political correctness – attaching masculinity to manhood isn’t always popular – learning to be tender – while having a tough hide (so to speak).

I’m talking about men who are discerning, decisive, strong hearted, who know where they are going and are confident enough in themselves (and their God) to get them there. Men who aren’t afraid to take the lead, to stand tall, firm in their principles, even when the going gets rough.

Such qualities not only inspire the respect of women, they also engender healthy admiration among younger men and boys who hunger for heroes. We need clear-thinking, hard-working, straight-talking men who, while tender, thoughtful, and loving, don’t feel the need to ask permission for taking charge.

Over the last three decades we have seen a major assault on masculinity.

On the heels of a bloody Civil War, Josiah Holland wrote a passionate prayer on behalf of our country. It begins, "God, give us men. . . ." But the truth is, God doesn’t give a nation men; He gives us boys. Baby boys, adolescent boys, impressionable boys, who need to know what becoming a man is all about. God’s plan is still as He designed it at creation. And it starts in the home – and it starts with (men) who aren’t afraid to be (men) of God and principal…men who aren’t afraid to pray and stand up for what they believe – no matter the resistance or ridicule.

I pray everyday – to become (better) – in every way … for myself – for the woman I love – for my family – for all those around me – and even those I don’t know...do I fall short – absolutely – but God is gracious – he never expected or expects us to be perfect – but only to strive to be all that we can be within His love and guidance – for all those we love and care about….there is no greater way to honor them – the ones you love – than to be a man of integrity – a man of prayer – yes, indeed a man of God.

justanolecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post: