View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 11:10 AM   #6
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

{{{{{{{{{{{Espresso, Donna, Sassy}}}}}}}}}}}

Oh my, I think I might have forgotten to subscribe to this thread, lol--I started it before I set my preferences--so I didn't know anyone had answered! *laughing*

Thank you all for your input. I don't know if I believe that we choose to love or to not love *tilts head, considering* but I do believe that we choose to be obsessed or to let go. I've seen an awful lot of people refuse to let go and admit that they didn't get what they wanted. Over the years I've learned the hard way that you can never judge by only side of the story. So many times I have believed the person who told me there was something between them and another person--and taken their side completely when the other person behaved like an ass!--only to find out later that it was a one-sided relationship; the other person had not made any promises, didn't consider themselves in a relationship anymore, had moved on with their life, and by any reasonable standards had not been an ass at all.

I like the soulmate/lifemate/lustmate distinction. Mercedes Lackey has a term, "lifebonded" that just feels right to me; it feels like being woven together.

Thanks again! I enjoyed reading your posts!

Last edited by Bit; 11-18-2009 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Cripes! Completely forgot to format!
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post: