View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #178
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
Hello everyone! Greyson is still healing but is hurting a lot. We have heard this is common when the sternum starts to mend. He will be five weeks post surgery on Wednesday. Any words of encouragement from those of you who have experienced this would be great. He says he feelis like a truck ran over him. The last few days have been almost as bad as when he first got home. He is taking Tylenol and that helps. It makes it hard for him to get his exercise. He's feeling a little blue and hopes the healing will be done soon.
Ooooo goodie I get to give advice! LOL

I am post surgery 2007, and my sternum is still an issue. That being said, it is more annoying than anything.

My sternam is wired together, as I imagine yours is? I still feel pulling when I try to lift a heavy object, and for the longest time because of the healing process the area itched like the dickens!

One thing I have noticed is that I now have to "stretch" the area by tilting my head back slowly and letting the muscles lengthen. There was so much pain involved for a while that I kept my chin close to my chest, causing the area to contract and not feel as "free in movement" as it once was.

Be careful to stay sitting, standing or exercising as much as posssible...I gave into the pain and laid around just long enough to wind up back at the Hospital with Pneumonia.

My pain level got better around the 3 month mark...it truely takes a full year for everything to heal and mend on the inside, just as with most major surgeries.

Take care of yourselves!

Many Blessings,

Cindy
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: