Old 08-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #8
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,381 Times in 2,095 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation

First off congratulations on being selected to interview for a position you did not directly apply for as that speaks to me that they are serious!

From what I read you had the first (long) round and now you are awaiting the next step? If I read that correctly and you have yet to do so then please;

1. Send thank-you follow up e-mails to the folks you interviewed with and the direct supervisor. Doesn't have to be long, just a "thank you for your time" and then mention something you learned about the position that you think would match your skill set.

2. If you know someone in a position similar to what you are being interviewed for then ask them about their day to day job description. I am assuming you have already researched the company but if not then please do so.

3. When you are called back for the next (and probably final) interview please bring copies of your application and your current c.v. or resume. Yes, the head guy probably has this already but it is always nice for the candidate to offer copies they brought as it shows forethought and organization.

As to the length of the interview that isn't unusual at all. I usually have my team vet the applicant before I meet them and it can take several hours to interview/meet/greet etc. When you are called back to the "head guy" (<---sorry, that phrase always cracks me up but then I am such a mind in the gutter gal) I expect your final interview will be rather short and he/she will merely be verifying what they were already told and read about you. Don't be afraid to ask questions but steer clear of salary/benefits until you are made an offer. Otherwise be yourself as clearly they saw something special and worthwhile in your application or they would not have spent the time on you.

Good luck!!!

Katniss~~
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post: