How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,618 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post

I'm one opinionated dood and despite being a wordsmith, oft times find myself without the words to 'defend' such opinions and to be totally honest, also sometimes lack the depth & breadth of knowledge about a given subject. Under 'pressure' I'm reduced to a babbling idiot. I like to learn though and tend to feel uncomfortable asking the questions here because 'do the work yourself' is meaningless when unaware of the work necessary to 'get upto speed' with the rest.
I don't care to tell people to do the work. I don't believe I have ever done that. Even times when I think to myself, if you really just wanted to know where something comes from why don't you just google it? I figure if I posted it, it's my responsibility to post the source.

But I would never even think "do the work" when someone is asking a question here. I figure it's one of the things that we need to do for each other. It's one of the very best things we can give. I get that sometimes it's tiring to keep rehashing stuff. And there is so much valuable stuff stored on the data base that it is an excellent idea to read the old threads. But just reading is so academic and stark. And it isn't a lot of people's cuppa. So to me it isn't that helpful to tell people to do the work or to read the old threads. Not exclusively that's for sure. I mean you might want to let them know about the resources that are available but not make them feel like that is all that is available to them. And I think that thread idea HB suggested might work really well.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: