How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

In 1982, I met Johnny Rotten, the sneering orange-haired lead singer of the Sex Pistols (though he was in PiL at the time). I was 19 years old, and thought I was the coolest punk in Atlanta for scoring the backstage pass and getting access to the father of punk rock. Except when it was my turn to meet him, I went completely starstruck. I never said a word... I simply handed him my ticket for him to autograph, my eyes as big as saucers.

He briefly evaluated me, flashed his trademark smirk, and autographed my ticket. He never said a word to me either, and I consider it a kindness on his part: the tiniest insult (no matter how typical of him, or deserved by me) would have reduced me to tears, I'm sure.