Old 10-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #233
Nic

How Do You Identify?:
Male (FtM)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I am her North and she is my Star.

Nic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
This evening I noticed that several of my friends on Facebook, had made comments in response to a blog written by a butch. As I skimmed over the post, I thought, "oh, so and so, has a new name, but is still spewing the same old transphobic hate talk." She felt sad that guys like me, (she called us sisters,) had become convinced by the patriarchy, that we couldn't be women, and dress as we wanted to. I wanted to tell her, "sister, I dressed like this when I was a big bull dyke, the patriarchy didn't convince me of anything about the clothes I choose to wear." The sad truth about her rant, was that it was just as misogynistic as the patriarchy. She was mourning the "loss" of another butch, who chose to transition, but what did she lose? I didn't stop being a feminist when I transitioned. I didn't walk away from my lesbian friends. My friends don't speak about my choice to do with my body, what I have done, in such a hateful manner. If she were one of my friends though, I would walk away, and not look back. She would lose me, for sure.

Sorry about your disappointing experience Weird that she chooses to oppose behavior that dictates identity rules to women and then employs the same patriarchal tactics she decries to dictate identity rules to trans folk. Sounds like a very confused person.

"Trust is a verb."

Street Buddha
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nic For This Useful Post: