CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
The kind of person I would fall in love with wouldn't want me to change my name to hers.
The same goes for me.

Dapper, although I personally find it maddening that ALL the people who have volounteered to change their name to match their partner's in this thread are femmes, and ALL the people who have noted a preference for their partner to change her name to their own are butch or trans, which not coincidentally matches a heteronormative custom of men taking ownership of the women who marry them, even I haven't said "misogyny" yet. You did. Hmmm.

Everyone is free to change their name however they want. I may not understand it, but it's their name and their choice. Several people have discussed blending names, but so far NOT ONE butch or trans person has volounteered to take the name of the femme they marry. I'm getting a little cranky about that.