View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 01:45 AM   #7
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,368 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I don't believe in god either. You can be enlightened, but that's just a human potential that's not often realized.

If I really had god-like powers, I'd blow this pop stand and go see what's out there. Visit the other galaxies and the other planets where there is life.

If I intervened here at all, it would be to do something humane to constrain overpopulation on the planet. No plague. But perhaps something that made fewer -- many fewer -- humans fertile. Whatever social upheaval that caused -- a la The Handmaid's Tale -- would be up to humans to figure out. I'd then restore the forests and the oceans with a blink of my eye and be gone on my extended vacation.

In terms of social engineering, it's up to us to figure out how to live together. If it were somehow to come from the outside, it would not mean much. Our species will live or die. I would prefer we not destroy the large mammals and all the great forests while we're figuring out which it will be.

We can't destroy life on the planet. An asteroid could. But we don't have that power. We could make Earth a nasty place for a long time though. I hope we don't.

I don't have a lot of faith in humanity, and I do wish that the Earth could be returned to a pre-human ecological state, but ultimately it's up to us to make it work. Or not. We are doing horrible things to animals and to each other. To the planet. But the planet will survive for a few billion more years -- with life of some kind. We have to figure out whether our species will become extinct and take a lot of others with us.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: