View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 12:37 PM   #1035
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Loren. If you want to know about me, just ask.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her, but I'm not that picky.
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Loren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTexan View Post
Hey ya'll. I"m in need of quitting smoking and support. Have any of you tried using the vapor cig. to quit, I mean the one that doesn't have nicotine in it. The smallest dose of nicotine I can get is 6% which is slightly close to the ultra lights I smoke. I bought the vapor cig yesterday with the 0 nicotine fluid to use for that hand to mouth habit. I am hoping this will work for me to help me quit. I've tried using chantix rx but that med makes me so depressed I can't get out of the black hole it puts me in and I'm already taking antidepressants so that's not an option to help.
I want to quit, I have asthma that is affected by the cold and heat, and I am required to smoke outdoors where I live. It's freaking colder than a well diggers ass out there and I"m tired of coughing my damn head off anymore.
I'm not sure if I am doing this right, but I'm giving it the good old try adn putting it in my mind that I need to quit and must quit. I could save several hundred dollars and put that stuff to use elsewhere in a months time. I don't smoke indoors, so my my things don"t smell like smoke nor does my apt. YAY for that much !!
Anywho, help a butch out with any tips you may have and root root root for me to help me quit. Thanks and I appreciate y'all in advance.
First off, go you! Getting to the place of "I gotta quit" is hard, I'm glad you're making that choice.

I'm one of those folks who quit via vaping. I started vaping December 22nd 2012 and I've had 6 cigarettes since then (all in Jan/Feb while going through some tough personal times).

Most of my liquids are 0 or 6mg. I started at 12mg and still have one "just in case" bottle of 12mg.

So far, this has been the only thing that works at keeping the craving at bay. In the past I've tried cold turkey, patches, nicorette, Zyban, Chantix. I may have stopped smoking but the craving never really left and would eventually get the best of me.

For me vaping satisfies about 90% of the craving, I can handle the rest. This is the most comfortable I've been about not smoking. I haven't had any ill effects and don't foresee them.

I hope vaping helps you. There's a (not active) thread about vaping here http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ead.php?t=6228. It's got a lot of good info.

I've gotten some flack about 'substituting' but I'm okay with substituting burning, toxic material know to cause cancer with vaporized 'generally known to be safe' material used in food products and asthma inhalers.

"Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power."
Oscar Wilde
Loren_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post: