View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 06:33 AM   #16
Happy_Go_Lucky

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Butch who desires femme company.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Handsome devil you.

Thanked 3,359 Times in 626 Posts
Happy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Way-Back Machine With Marco.

Marco was trained for personal protection because my business was sold and we were headed to Guatemala. Sold ALL personal belongings and purchased a conversion van, promptly named "Roxanne." (sing it Sting)

To be young, to be intrepid, and both at the same time. Read about the potential for 'safety' issues driving through Mexico and then Guatemala, hence Marco was da man!

Animals for pets are not treated with the same shall we say....enthusiasm in Mexico. I knew I had to have a bad-ass.

At the first of about 3785 security checks, some with NO warning, a squadron of soldiers in all black holding nasty looking weapons motioned us to stop. They asked for all necessary documents, including the paperwork for Marco, and the Shih-Tzu. Needles to say, one reads and hears about these vehicle stops but until you experience it first-hand, you have NO idea how unsettling it is.

Marco, was full attention. He did not pant, he did not bark. When asked to open all the van doors for inspection, Marco complied. The soldiers finally noticing Marco froze momentarily. Fuck I didn't know if they were going to shoot him, take him....what? Well, the soldiers were in awe of Marco, didn't touch him, but relaxing their weapons in a not so confrontational way was a good thing. Marco didn't blink for what it seemed a very, very long 10 minutes or so. After all the papers were deemed in order, only after I drove on did Marco relax. He did everything he was trained to do! And by proxy, the Shih-Tzu as well.

We were old hat for the next gazillion security stops. Marco commanded respect from the young male soldiers.

Quite a journey.