Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

With less money being spent there is less tax money to pay the teachers, I get that.

But when I think of the things we do spend money on like the 2 wars we are fighting for NOTHING and how much that money could do to help kids with their education and their health care it makes me want to scream.

Art and music programs being canceled/cut back way before sports makes me want to scream too.

I do wonder about the ups and down in numbers of students based on population booms, how some years we have a shortage of teachers and another a surplus...and I also question the media's love of stirring the pot and freaking us out. CNN has zero idea where Hawaii and Estonia are...grrrrrr and I wonder how anyone gets out of elementary school not knowing at least where the states are...and ends up as a newscaster.

I could go on....

Great thread Diva! I hold a special place in my heart for some of the great teachers I had who shaped my life more than they will ever know. Many of them music teachers.