Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

After reading through the thread I finally decided to weigh in. I grew up and still reside in the same city as the church. I have seen the church and their views picket everything from local church's and highschool graduations to funerals. Sometimes they just have a pack of kids hanging out with hateful signs on random corners..for no apparent reason.

He was indeed excommunicated from that church in august of 2013. The church as a whole did this because Phelps asked them to stop the picketing, to change their ways. They then tossed him, and went on to say that they would continue on with Jesus Christ as their leader.

The fact is that it's not going to end. The compound is huge, his family and followers are staying put whether he is at the forefront or not.

I think he probably figured out that his end was near, and it was time to repent for the things that he has done in his lifetime.

Whatever the case may be, he is gone, and they will march on.

That being said Grenade is correct, our local LGBT community have asked us not to participate in picketing his funeral. I can't speak for all my community as a whole, but from those I know and interact with we will not be participating.

No reason to stoop to his level.
She was bored. She loved, had capacity to love, for love, to give and accept love. Only she tried twice and failed twice to find somebody not just strong enough to deserve it, earn it, match it, but even brave enough to accept it.”

~William Faulkner, The Town
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post: