theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,884 Times in 2,481 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Because of my profession (Registered Respiratory Therapist), and the fact that I've worked in adult critical care for over 23 years, I've had a LOT of personal experience with the death and dying process. I've worked for the federal gov't/VA for the past 19 years, and most of our patient population is elderly, male, and has a *LOT* of comorbidities (serious health issues). I've held many, many hands as they've taken their last earthly breaths, and you know what I've concluded?? The overwhelming fact that no one wants to die alone.

They say that, if you really want to inflict punishment on a human being, you isolate them. Solitary confinement, for example, is considered "punishment for the punished". Fred Phelps was an isolated man throughout his life, be it from certain family members, his children, and the world outside of the WBC. In the end, he may have died alone. That's the ultimate punishment, the epitome of "aloneness", and the final insult.

We do have to wonder what was running through his head as his last conscious thought. I pity him, as I would pity any G-d given life, and I thank G-d for the love in my life, the friendship and comraderie of my friends and the fact that I won't have to live my life or die alone. So, I guess I can garner what good there is to learn from Mr. Phelps' life.....the fact that mine is much to be thankful for.

~Theo~ ......prefers to seek something positive from every person, be they loved or hated.
theoddz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to theoddz For This Useful Post: