View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation
Default OTCs and other easy health tips

I recently started taking more OTCs (Over-the-Counter drugs), and building a few more easy steps into my self-care routine. I'm not looking to set the HIPAA rule back 50 years (don't want to violate anyone's privacy), but what little things do you do, to support your health?

I'm lazy about researching this stuff and mostly do things because my sister and mom do. So now I'm adding you guys to my resource pool. And maybe I can contribute to yours.

Here's what I do/take:
  • Calcium
  • Vitamin D (last doctor's visit, she said I'm low)
  • Fish oil (because my sister and mom take it)
  • Baby aspirin (again, because my sister and mom take it and because my mom has had three small strokes since January)
  • Try to be in bed by 10:30 (tonight I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep though)
  • Increased my exercise to an hour on the exercycle at least five times a week, instead of half an hour, plus yoga and free weights (all at home)
  • Stopped drinking altogether (it was easy to quit, I literally just forget if I don't have a bottle of wine on the counter)
  • Added turmeric and cayenne pepper to my list of spices/foods
  • Increased garlic, ginger
  • No more muffins, sweets, high-carb foods
  • No more red meat
  • No more diet coke
  • Teeth stuff: I use the waterpik twice a day now plus sonicare, floss, prewash, hydrating post rinse (it's faster than it sounds)

I realize this is not the most exciting thread anyone has every started.

But maybe we'll get some ideas from each other.