View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #9
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation

Hey, no problem

So, stem is kinda like "tweener".. in between both.. lol Of course, tweener can be seen as a derogatory term, used for those that are inbetween butch and femme, but not always.

Oy, thanks for making me feel old! lmao.. just kidding.. so, the kids these days are saying "stem" instead of tweener.. good to know

So, to be clear.. stem is a combo of stud and femme, shortened to form "stem"

Ahhh.. kids these days! lol

About gender and identity discussions, I enjoy them too.. It can be a weird topic for some, but the way I see it, we as humans like to put things into boxes, lable them and make them "safe" and easy to digest. Much easier to say, "ok, that is a female born person that likes to dress in clothing that is made for people born as males. This person also happens to enjoy spending time and dating a female identified (oh lord, I am not going to try to describe all the kinds of *femme* energy there is!) person that enjoys spending time and dating a person that maybe female bodied, but does not hold to societies' normal preception of "female". That is Butch/Femme energy." see? lables work to shorten that in a way that is easy to explain.

At least, i think it is.. I just re read that paragraph and got a little confused.. lmao

In any case, lables can be helpful to identifing one's self as well as others.. But, on the other hand, they can also lead to stereotypes and preconceived notions that may not be true..

OK, I'm gonna stop here, cause Lord knows tthat I can ramble on about this.. lol

Thank you for the info on what stem is.. I will rest a little easier tonight because of it..

In Light,
Tony