View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I've never heard of Street Trash...truly gory...but so surreal. I think I saw Transylvania 6-3000 but it was years ago. I went through a creature feature phase recently and got hold of Octopus I and II and Crocodile I and II. There is something about the toy submarine with the giant octopus...I just love that stuff.

Here's one that just HAD to be made...Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus...Lorenzo Lamas and Debbie Gibson (remember her?) Come on...as if a fear of flying wasn't enough...now giant sharks snatching 777s out of the sky...It's just too great.
*Laughing at the sharks plucking 777s out of the skies*
Hate when that happens.
I enjoy a creature feature. Just saw Lake Placid (crocs) and liked it, especially the lovely Betty White calling the sheriff "officer fuckmeat" ha.
And when she says: "I'm rooting for the crocodile. I hope he swallows your friends whole. You might want to arrest me for that too. Is that a crime? To wish the chewing of law enforcement?" She is so great.
I agree with what you said about the old models used in film prior to digitalization. I like the way they look. The plasticity (for lack of a better word) of current digital effects seems to render a visual uniformity or glaze to the films that use them. I did like the way the modeled look was virtualized in films like Tim Burton's "Mars Attacks" and "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow". I miss that look, and I'm certain today's digital effects will look every bit as dated as the old model effects. (couldn't find a flying saucer smilie)
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote