femmsational

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitch, but she will do
Relationship Status:
Spoiled beyond rotten!

Thanked 3,788 Times in 773 Posts
femmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputation

Normally things don't bother me but this has me terrified.

The CDC isn't educating ANYONE as they should.

The administration doesn't seem to realize the danger that is poses to us if we don't rethink how we are reacting to travel from the countries hit the hardest with this thing. And if there are cases popping up in countries we have open travel with......we have to be honest about the risks.

My main problem is the lack of urgency shown by the CDC. The more they minimize it, the more ignorance is going to be the cause of this spreading. I'm not advocating creating a major scale panic by any means but if the treating team at a hospital doesn't understand how to keep themselves safe, how is the general public supposed to understand.

I'm sure most people would think this is totally stupid but I've dealt with at least 15 outbreaks of Equine Encephalitis. It's spread exactly as the CDC and medical professionals say Ebola is. It is a major problem. The danger point is when it hasn't quite been diagnosed. That horse, or person in this case is contagious and nobody knows about it. There is a strict protocol on how to deal with it after it's diagnosed. A specific way to don protective gear and an even stricter one to take it off. Bleach, disinfectant and quarantine are vital to kill the pathogen. I think if people want to know how to stay safe with Ebola if they are in a zone where it's visable, they should research Encephalitis protocol. As weird as that sounds.

As for what I'm doing differently?? So far I'm not overly concerned about me or the immediate family around here. It's AJ I'm worried about. He's driving all over the country in a semi-truck having to touch all kinds of things that the general public touches everyday. Less than sanitary to say the least. He's got gloves, germ-x and bleach. And when he has his home time in three weeks I'll be teaching him how to disinfect stuff and to put on, but more importantly, take OFF protective gear.

I know I sound like a crazy person but seriously, if anyone's dealt with an encephalitis outbreak at a major equine center, they'd understand why I sound like a cracked nut.

Sorry, I rambled.

Yes, I'm aware I can't spell, and no, I don't care quite enough to spell check. Sorry!!!
femmsational is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to femmsational For This Useful Post: