Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,763 Times in 549 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

Hi Jedi! Good to see you bro!

I take multiple meds for various health problems I have (diabetes, heart disease following a heart attack, high blood pressure, etc.), depression, anxiety, and neurological deficits that I have.

I don't live a lie, and am very open about my health and how it sudden has gone from good to piss poor. I find it very frustrating when other people gossip about me being a drug user and abuser. Sheesh. No, I am not. It is all under the care of many doctors. Believe you me. I am footing the bill.

I find it heart breaking when I think about the psychiatrist who broke the Hippa laws thinking it was ok to discuss my issues openly with my parents (my father is a retired physician). I think of the ol' boys club. And that is what it was like for me. I tried many therapists, but none really helped me. The damage was done. The hurt is greater than the wound if that makes sense. I have limits and boundaries that I have set in place.

I have discussed all of this with my current doctors and have legal documents in hand barring my parents from any interference with my healthcare now. I find it interesting that living a life of integrity is more peace-filled than I ever can imagined before.

I also will tell you that if you lock onto my name, go do a search of the posts I have done already, and you will find us at the other thread we are on that Apocalipstic told you about. It is very good.

Namaste,
Andrew

Andrew,

I'M SORRY FOR WHAT YOU WENT THROUGH. That being said...I wanna hear from those who also take meds and try to live "normal lives."
It never seems to be ok to jusdt be mentally ill anymore. You have to have other illnesses on top of it. Mine don't debilitate me but could if I let them. i fight so hard not to be a statistic. I would love to be recognized for that. I know that isn't really gonna be the case......but I fight nonetheless.

Jedi
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jedi For This Useful Post: