Thread: Pronouns
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #6
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,647 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGentleman View Post
Does it offend you when someone calls you by your former or an unwanted pronoun?

It doesn't really offend me if I get called "him", but it does seem a bit strange. I'm much more comfortable with "her" and other female pronouns. I still have a bit of trouble remembering that my MTF friend, who started transitioning at the time I met her, is a "she", whereas my other friend who came out as FTM after I'd known him for a bit, is pretty easy to remember.

So to answer my question, how do you react to when someone calls you by a different pronoun than you prefer? Do you acknowledge that sometimes someone can make a mistake, especially in the early days?
It offends me only when the male pronouns are not used in the LGBT community. i expect the community to have a grip but it doesn't. I'm not transitioned yet, so I can't expect the general the public to use male pronouns—but it's funny, because i look more male now than ever.

I live in the south and a friend pointed out that the reason southerners may be using female pronouns with me is because they're afraid using male pronouns that may offend me. ha!

I like male pronouns and nothing spelled with a "y".
I'm not a lesbian and have NEVER ID'd as one. I'm transgered/male and male ID'd because that's how I am wired. I cannot be with a female partner as a woman. I am male dominate (not meant in the BDSM context)
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post: