Old 05-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #15
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster View Post
I really think we should have a place where we can discuss and get support here. So many people think of this as an excuse when there are some of us who take medication daily and struggle to lead "normal" lives. Even if you just discuss what medication you are on and how it helps you or medication you were on what it did. Or...If you have found a way to cope without the need of medication. I have a feeling that we have more people out there than just me who need support. Even my own parents thought of this as an excuse until I fully explained what I go through in my head just to function.

I seriously hope others come here and back me in this and we can start a thread that really helps others. It is so needed.

Giving help and hope to those in need,

Jedi

Jedi, I am happy you started this thread. I suffer from schizophrenia...but I am well medicated and attend therapy and a support group once a week. I don't have insurance...but my local mental health clinic provides me with all of it. I was diagnosed 2 years ago after getting clean from a heroin and cocaine addiction. Since my recent group of meds have taken affect I feel stable, and I have not suffered any symptoms like visual and auditory hallucinations. I have been through a fair amount of med changes...and finally I think I have the right combination. I rely on structure to take my meds. I take them the exact same time every day. I also don't feel like a zombie anymore. Meds I took earlier made me feel that way...so I would quit taking them, which made things worse. I was hospitalized 5 times in the past 18 months. I have adjusted to the way I now have to live my life. I am aware of my stressors and triggers...that alone is a big acomplishment for me. I do feel less emotional than I used to be...but I am adjusting to that. I am proof that meds, therapy, and support work. I don't know if I will ever be normal, but I can function very well like this.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post: