How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,797 Times in 3,940 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Yours sounds good Orema and would work just fine for Paleo if a good Paleo mayo is used.

Here is a recipe for a citrus vinaigrette that I use sometimes that may work nicely with that salad too.

1 small shallot, finely chopped
¾-cup olive oil
¼ cup champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
¼ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest

Put everything in a jar with lid and shake to blend

Add Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Make about 1 1/2 cups

You can make your own champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar ahead of time, or you can use ACV but I find that to be a bit to strong for this recipe.

White wine vinegar: Buy an el cheapo white wine, seriously think $2-$3 range, and pour it into a canning jar, add some of the mother from some ACV, cover the opening with a little cheesecloth just to keep the dust out and wait a couple of weeks. You'll find that a lot of vinaigrettes use this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I'm not sure what they were suggesting, but I made a mustard dressing using cream, mayo, dijon mustard, and dried thyme.

I eat more low carb than paleo, so this fits me. I drizzled the dressing over the salad and it was excellent. Wish I had made more.

I would also try plain olive oil or sesame seed oil.

I'd love to know what others would use ....
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post: