Old 01-17-2015, 12:07 PM   #2187
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsie View Post
I posted this in another thread but it really belongs here...

I have been walking on odd numbered days and doing an aerobics DVD on even numbered days. I have been keeping a food log and watching my caloric intake.

We weigh in every Wednesday. We had an initial weigh in on the 7th. This past Wednesday was our first "competition" weigh in. And I lost two pounds!

My coworker who is thin (I can't figure out why she thinks she needs to lose weight) lost five pounds. I'm very competitive so I have set my sights on beating her. It keeps me motivated!
Since you cross posted this, I'm going to cross post THIS:

First thing, congratulations!!! Two is good. Two is healthy. Steady changes makes for steady weight loss and general better state of mind and body.

Second thing, I've watched enough The Biggest Loser to know that once folks get close to their goal/healthy weight, they slow down. If your coworker is already thin, she's not going to keep up 5 lbs a week and she shouldn't. That's not healthy. In all honesty, she's probably giving something up for that be it taking supplements that may hurt her overall health or time from her family if she's working out 2 hours/day, et cetera. She has heard the same societal bullshit you've heard all your life. Thin = beautiful. Thin = happy. Thin = sexy beau. Thin = self acceptance and self love. Thin = all your problems go away at the end of the Disney movie. My semi-educated guess is that she is striving for one or more of those things.

Third thing, do NOT let someone else's wins/losses define YOU. You are a beautiful, unique creature and only you can compare with yourself.

Fourth thing, I want you to win the dough but I want you to feel better first. You are doing so good and making changes that will have a butterfly effect later. I am super proud of you and you should be too.

Fifth thing, I have a thing with even versus odd numbers and just didn't want to leave it on an even one. Ha! How's that for neurosis?!?

Although, truth be told, I think alla y'all are nutso for beans with the coffee thing. I love the smell of it but once it's brewed, you can chuck it. Seriously. Coffee craziness makes people do things like pay $300 for a coffee maker and use beans that critters have eaten and shat out. If that's your thing, give me some beans and if you pay me enough, I'll get them back to you post digestion.

Now, the coffee part was designated for the thread participants but some of you come in here and some of you who come in here drink coffee so I am covering my bases in case someone wants to take me up on my offer.

Good afternoon, exercisers.

Where did the day go?

I slept most of it away.

Oooopsie.

I needed it though.

I don't think I'll be hitting the gym today but I do think I'm going to give a yoga video a try and I will be running errands shortly. Tomorrow will be a long day at the gym.

I came across a simple recipe for meatloaf that didn't involve egg and does involve salsa. I just have to find it again. I think I'll give it a shot. I have some of the red stuff and also some of the red stuff and some Panko breadcrumbs.

Usually my loaf comes in gobble gobble form with bbq sauce, onions, mushrooms and bell peppers in it (it's DIVINE, I tell you!) but this could work too.

I just have to omit the ketchup. I think hot ketchup is nasty and refuse to have ketchup skin all over the top of what could be really good loaf.

I got lots of sleep last night and seem to be a bit hyper as a result. Is it showing?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: