imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,726 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation
Default What are your life basics?

Some people need to be in an own house with lots of land, some people need dogs, some people need to be physically close to family, some people need to travel.

Aside from Maslow's hierarchy of need - which ever human need the basics of (food, shelter, heat, safety... Please see here http://convene.com/wp-content/upload...chyofNeeds.png if you have no idea what I'm talking about...

But after the basics of human survival are met, we all have different *personality* based needs that we have tried doing without and just can't.

What are yours?

I'll start will mine for example...

~ I need to be in an urban space, with lots of shops, good grocers, restaurants and cafes, and community events.

~ I need my friends to be in my neighbourhood, so if I move to a new city and as I make friends I will move to the neighbourhood in which most of them are.

~ I need to be constantly learning. My brain needs to be busy. So I will always be signed up for one course or another.

~ I need easy sociability (see urban and local friends) - I need daily contact with people and I need it to be easy.

~ I need cats

~ I need my own space. Badly. I may be an extrovert but I need my private me space that is wholey mine, only mine and where in I can ask people to leave or invite people in. Where I don't have to have discussions about what goes on in them or what I do with it.

~ If I absolutely positively *have* to live with a partner I will need a large bedroom (something that can be made into a bed-sitting room) with my own bathroom attached. And there will have to be a house cleaner. There might be the odd day I do not come out of my own space. And that's gonna have to be ok. If my partner wants company, they have to have friends they can ask for company and be happy with. Some days I just need to be on my own.

~ I need queer friends, not just straight ones. I need butch and trans* friends not just femme ones.

~ I need independence. I'm not fond of answering to people (even though I prefer my partner to "be the boss" that has fairly tight limitations lol) I even get arsey with my mom if she gets too "fussy" or controlling for my comfort. I'm good with taking care of my own needs, so when I'm questioned in certain ways, I can get spikey. This is always why some employment and I don't get along. I HATE micromanagement of any sort and will mentally drive tent pegs through someone's eyes if I feel micromanaged.

~ I do need green space that isn't over crowded. So being 10/15 minute walking distance to a park or beach that doesn't get jammed with people.

~ ideally, I'd love to have a car. I'm not sure I can be arsed. I live next to the sky train and have a bike. I might opt for a scooter. Less hassle.

Last edited by imperfect_cupcake; 01-24-2015 at 12:01 PM.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: