View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #19
bonne-maman

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
All right SPA. I am single.

bonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post
I made fun, but I really did want to know what you meant (which I think YOU know). Some of those are more than just lesbian issues, they are universal to the queer experience - marginalization, lack of (external) respect for the relationship and kissing while raking leaves. Kissing while having a bake sale is another, of course. Very cutting edge!

(Also, e isn't really the man, but sometimes she is The Man).
Of course I knew that you were joshing, Mr. Eureka Tent. Yes those things are universal to being queer. Can I think of anything completely specific to being lesbian in the movie????? thinking cap, thinking cap. Well, maybe not in these "modern" times (now I am sounding old), but the part about children being brought along for the ride as lesbian relationships rode the waves of heterosexual marriage interruptions has been primarily a lesbian phenomenon, as opposed to a broader queer experience. Women have historically had custody of kids as het marriages broke apart, though I KNOW that is changing. This movie was set in the 1990's, and the two lovers were very aged in the "current" scenes of the movie. Their "young" scenes went back to their childhoods and young adulthoods, and middle-agedhoods.

e da man. yes e is.

And speaking of kissing, I was dutiful and did a bit of it while at the movie. There were no leaves to rake, I had to make do.
bonne-maman is offline   Reply With Quote