Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

What I got to say ain't gonna get me any brownie points........

Mammograms are, in women under 50, pretty useless for the general population. Breast tissue is too dense and the risk/benefit ratio does not justify doing mammograms in women under 50 who are at low risk for breast cancer. And if you are talking yearly mammograms on low risk women under 50 it is just plain stupid.

Frankly I completely without reservation support not doing mammograms on women between 40- 50 who have little to no risk for breast cancer.

Susan Love, MD is my go to person for breast cancer. Here is a link from her website and is 10 FAQ. Read all of them and learn a bit about breast cancer.

http://www.dslrf.org/breastcancer/co...d=672&d=nn#exp

I would also highly suggest looking around on her website and read all her books on women's health.

By the way..........one of my best friends died of breast cancer that was undetectable on mammogram....it was stage 4 when her girlfriend felt it and could not be found on mammogram because her breast tissue was too dense. They did find it on ultra-sound. She went through mastectomy, chemo, radiation and bone marrow transplant and died........all before age 50.

Detection of breast cancer sucks. Mammogram does not and never will detect all breast cancers.

edited to add...........in the FAQ link I posted is info on breast self exam. I don't do them ever.......I'm not going on a search and destroy mission on my breast especially when you rarely find them that way.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post: