View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 08:06 PM   #16879
Chicklette

How Do You Identify?:
Happy go lucky grandmother, I like lip-gloss.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Single & Open to Change

Chicklette Has the BEST ReputationChicklette Has the BEST ReputationChicklette Has the BEST ReputationChicklette Has the BEST ReputationChicklette Has the BEST ReputationChicklette Has the BEST ReputationChicklette Has the BEST ReputationChicklette Has the BEST ReputationChicklette Has the BEST ReputationChicklette Has the BEST ReputationChicklette Has the BEST Reputation

I think about the days, I so strategically hide within myself..Playing a tune with my awkward fingers, strumming my loneliness with sad eyes. The lyrics I sang were quiet and rang true, if only to myself. I never needed, I often wanted..even loved. Needed was the note you hit when tuning your strings, setting them just right.

But..once that music starts, its called life ya know?
Its a song you sing, by living and breathing. At times the lyrics change, but the melody is forever. The chorus, repeating 1 2 3 times.

Solitude was my embracing audience, he/she listened to my tears accompanied by my awkward fingers; even as my heavy heart sang back up.
The the spot light often showed in hues of black and white, at times blinding me..and often then not..not shining at all. But still I sang.

Past the darkness, past the lyrics of change..more sad then happy...my tones increased with a hint of softness. The music played on and on. In a steady rhythm. It was safe, my harmony. 3 or 4 repetitive notes.

The lights shined, ever so bright..but not blinding..just bright.
My governed audience wasn't so silent anymore, I pondered why. I could, hear someone. Just a glimmer. As the sounds increased, I heard music..past my own. Something deeper, richer..more alive. Tho-I heard the chaos within its beat.

It allured me, it captured me. It set my soul on the brink, only to bring it back. Time and time again, your song makes me feel. I see past my own, and hear yours. I dance, constantly tired at times, only to feel rejuvenated..and left breathless at what you sing.

I have never played, or danced to anyone else's music..but my own.
Until I met the melody of your soul.

I simply have not.
Through chaos, you bring me back..and I ride you like no other.
I write this as tears scorch my cheeks, they taste of salt.
Tho-no wounds do they burn.

Your are the light to my dark.
Strum my soul-because your fingers...play it like no other can.

My song to you.
Is...simply who I am.

Now to find you.

(random poet I know)