View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 10:39 PM   #342
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,119 Times in 3,759 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Ok....so today was humbling and a bit scary.
Recently Doc put me on a double dose (20 days instead of 10) of steroids. Because it messes with my sugar levels they also increased my Actos.
This past weekend I had a really great physically able time. It was awesome! The steroids help with inflammation, bone pain and the nerves in my legs....
But today, apparently, I paid for it.
I didn't eat right over the weekend... but it wasn't terrible stuff. ...this morning my fasting sugar was 208...the highest I recall it ever being. After breakfast and meds, I got really sick. By noon it was only down 3 points...after that, I had to lay down in a dark room because of my busting headache and exhaustion. Sick to stomach, terrible hot flashes and soaking sweating...got up around 4 or 5....did chores, checked sugar again....237!!! The highest I've ever recorded!
Had dinner of nice salad topped with a bit of chicken salad. Sooooo yummy and fresh. My tummy did finally settle. But I am still feeling like I've been fighting the flu and the damn headache. Thank god the hot flashes and gut cramps stopped.

I took an extra Actos tonight in hopes it will help tomorrow...
I have a big day of chores and working with the new additions to the farm tomorrow...
Thank you for listening...it was really scary and I couldn't reach my health coach.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post: