imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,726 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Yeah the arguing is BS if you ask me!

Another thing is the term MAN UP, sounds like gender policing to me! But maybe it's just me, I don't know. I have so much to learn yet!

I think it depends on intent. There is an extremely camp drag King night here in vancouver called "Man Up!" And it's used as a camp-ish slang to doing a form of dragking "Im manning up when I do the MC for the band" it means presenting a caricature personality ... Like outrageous drag King personas.

It's not an insult, it's a camp play on words for humour towards a loved past time.

But it totally can be a shitty, gender policing term and is more often used that way.

Also "Don't be a pussy" to all genders, referring to female genitalia. When vaginas are some of the toughest parts of the body - it can take stuff that no other part can.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: