Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,163 Times in 2,006 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Linus, welcome to this particular battle. I wish you and all the other Queers dealing with restrictive USA Immigration Laws all the best.

One thing I always mention in the progressive heterocentric Pro Immigration Reform Websites is what appears to be the lack of concern by much of the Pro Immigration Reform Movement for Queer people and their families that are torn apart by current immigration laws. I have yet to get one intelligent, coherent, response that is not steeped in homophobia.

In a similar vein, recently the Catholic church appointed José Horacio Gómez, a proven immigrant rights advocate, as the next archbishop of Los Angeles. Gomez was born in Monterey, Mexico. I am baffled as to how Gomez and the Catholic Church can be so pro immigrant rights, yet come out against human rights for LGBTQ people. I encourage you to research the future Los Angeles archbishop and read about his thinking and beliefs regarding LGBTQ matters.

When this announcement was made, Robert Garcia, a gay and Mexican American City Council Member for the City of Long Beach came out against the appointment of Gomez. (Long Beach is part of the greater Los Angeles Metropolitan Area.)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post: