Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,012 Times in 9,950 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
"Life is not a book, Alex. And it can be over in a second. I was having lunch with my mother at Daley Plaza and a man was killed right in front of me. He died in my arms. And I thought, "It can't end just like that on Valentine's Day." And I thought about all the people who love him, waiting at home, who will never see him again. And then I thought, "What if there is no one? What if you live your whole life and no one is waiting?"
That's Kate (Sandra Bullock) talking to her mom, as she remembers the day that she and her mom are sitting at Daly Plaza, in Chicago, talking about how warm it was on Valentines day, the year that a guy was hit and killed (?) By an bus......that guy is Alex (Keanu Reeves), son of the "famous" architect who designed and built the house on the lake.....where Kate and her dog Jack once lived.

The story is about Kate and Alex, writing to each other and picking up letters to each other at ....The Lake House. They're stranded in time, but eventually their love story is transcended by a letter Kate writes to Alex, telling him to wait two years, then meet her at the lake house, which he does, thereby his death by traffic accident is prevented, and they are united at last.

They're massively in love with each other.....

I actually watched this movie a few years ago but just watched it again for the second time, last night.

I love the song by Nick Drake (Pink Moon).....which is featured in the soundtrack of the movie.

But, yes, this movie line is spoken by Kate, in.....

The Lake House.....

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote