View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 05:55 PM   #2992
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
My favorite types of things to read are non-fiction accounts.

I've recently received two books authored by Ann Rule, who retired from her role in law enforcement up in Seattle, Washington. In her books, Ann Rule draws from her experience s in law enforcement in over one thousand articles and numerous books, and she has lectured widely in law enforcement schools and agencies, as well as serving as an consultant to the FBI's Violent Criminal Apprehension Program (IV-CAP) which is used track and apprehend criminals.

I just finished reading Practice To Decieve .... the true crime story about the tragedy on Whidbey Island where Jim Huden (ex-microsoft program developer) and Peggy Sue Stackhouse took the life of another person, in the Puget Sound area, years ago.

I just received the Lust Killer . ... which this horrific crime took place in Oregon, years and years ago. I never lived here during the time this true crime account happened, but I'm looking forward to reading this book.

In a strange way, these two crime accounts remind me of the late 1960s, early 1970s account of the Zodiac Killer from the San Francisco Bay area. I was in high school back then, but I remember reading headline news coverage of this very scary true crime event.... and if I recall correctly, the Zodiac killer case has never been solved. I've always wondered if the killer would have been apprehended if Ann Rule would have been working on the case, but I wonder if cases such as the Zodiac killer might be considered the beginning of an variety of forensic sciences developed in coordination with various law enforcement agencies. I'm not sure, but I've always wondered.

Rating for Ann Rule books: Excellent!
In today's Sunday paper there was a mention of Michelle McNamara
book, called "I'll Be Gone in the Dark." It might be something worth checking out
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: