Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Yes - in the comments of that soap recipe, they mention using Zote instead of Naptha. Some people even suggest using Ivory soap instead.

Also in the comments, people say what Dapper did about not using the Purex softener bc of chemicals and instead, adding 1/2 cup of white or apple cider vinegar to the wash. Or, conversely, making your own drier sheets by cutting up old t-shirts into 6-8" squares and adding 3-5 drops of an essential oil onto the shirt pieces before putting them in the drier.

That same commenter also mentioned adding essential oils to the powder detergent if you wanted that to have a scent - add 40-80 drops, she says, a little at a time so you can mix it in without it clumping.

My detergent started out in 2 1-gallon sized jugs and I am down to 3/4 of a gallon now, so I am looking into making it again. I'd love to see your son's recipe, Medusa, if you can get it - sometimes, I like to take the best of more than one recipe to make my own.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post: