EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

I was reading about that in the Toronto Star over the weekend. I know the next day or something there were a bunch of responses by people saying they were "screwing the kid up" and "experimenting" on the kid. I think it has nothing to do with "screwing the kid up" and more the fact that people aren't comfortable with it and won't admit it.

Personally, it's good to see some parents taking this approach. We talk a lot around here about making the world a better place and the problems that the gender binary causes, yet as was demonstrated in the thread HSIN linked to even here it seems like some aren't comfortable with it.

Why? How can we hope to get rid of this tendency to force children into gender expectations if we can't even be accepting of a child who's gender we aren't aware of? How can you then expect kids to be accepting of it if the parents still teach them that everyone needs to have a gender or that gender must be known.

Anyways, kudos to these parents. Unlike most parents, they are not trying to force their kid into a gendered box. Funny how that is "harmful" to those who seem to approve forcing kids to act in certain ways based on chromosomes.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post: