View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

what's your native language?

I would say Spanish, since I spoke it first and know it equally to English.

what languages do you speak/read/write/understand? how/why did you learn them?

English, Spanish, and Southern. The Spanish I learned from my Mom and because she made me go to a tutor when I was in elementary and living in rural TN and refused to speak it with her 'cause I didn't want to be different.
The southern I learned because of where I live. I don't just mean the southern accent, or the y'all or ya'wont'to. I mean the hidden meanings, like when you say someone's baby is "precious". Everybody knows you mean they ain't cute, but you can't call a baby unfortunate looking.

what languages would you like to learn? why? (doesn't have to be a realistic goal.)

Italian - 'cause I'm gonna go there some day. And sign language 'cause it's pretty to watch and I don't have to train my vocal chords to make different sounds.

what languages do you appreciate the most and why?

Any of the Asian or slavic languages because my mouth can not make those sounds.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post: