Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
A close friend of mine is totally hooked on watching HBO's latest dark comedy drama series called Big Little Lies.

It just debuted a few weeks ago and already my friend says she hopes they make a second season. Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon and several others star in this weekly show. The music tracks in each episode lend to the titillating discoveries of lies among families featured in the show's storylines.

If you haven't seen it, here's a link and a trailer.

My friend is dvr'ing the first season for me, so I can watch it over Memorial weekend.

LINK: https://g.co/kgs/C7uRuQ

Trailer:

I am so glad to see you post this!

It was absolutely fantastic!

I just loved it.

For the entire series, I would sit and say to myself, "This is so good, there is nothing like this on TV"!

One of the biggest things that I loved about it was that the women actors were front and center. The males, though they had an important role in the series, really were secondary to the women.

That, in itself, is so very rare in any TV show or series. The women are usually in periphery to the males. An exception, of course: Law and Order, SVU or Supergirl but you get my point.

The stars, to name a couple of the big ones: Reese Witherspoon, Laura Dern, Nicole Kidman. They were phenomenal.

I hope that there is a second season but can't figure out what they would do since the major thrust of the story was completed.

I actually bought the soundtrack because the music was also terrific.

I think I will post the opening credit song on the listening thread. I probably played it 10 times yesterday.

Gee, can you tell that I loved the series?!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: