View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 02:13 PM   #7244
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

About a year ago, a man walked in to my work and handed us a check for $10,000. Wouldn't tell us his name. Had his business name on the check. Told us we do God's work and he wanted to contribute. Left the building.

Yesterday he came again, with another check for $10,000. He stayed and chatted and told us who he is and visited with myself and a few other staff, learning about what we do.

Today, I'm in a training. Get pulled out to tell me he called and wants a meeting today at 2:30 with everyone he met with yesterday. Okay so, we all go meet him. He brought in a co-worker because he wanted her to see what we do. We chatted for 10 minutes or so. Then he told us he had such an amazing visit with us yesterday, left feeling so good about the services we provide, he handed us another check for $10,000.

We have so many needs and have many grants and state support that are for specific projects. Money like this that we an apply where most needed is worth 10x it's weight. Such joy.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: