Thread: Music Talk
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #32
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Can't do the bluegrass thing. I am slowly starting to open up to contemporary country music, but not that quickly. I used to take road trips with my brother who listened to only country music and it drove me insane. I'm talking about the kind of country songs that included running away with the horse and such. Bleh. I think it scarred me. But I do like Dolly Parton, Crystal Gayle, yadda yadda....

I grew up surrounded by R&B, soul, funk, disco, blues, jazz and rap. I am not a huge fan of rap either. There are very few rappers I can listen to. R&B and soul however, hold dear to my heart. I'm still crying over Teena Marie. That was a huge loss. She should have been bigger than she was, but in my life, she was larger than life.

Etta James (another huge loss) , Billie Holiday, Sarah Vaughn, Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone... love them. Love that era of music.

Opera - can only really handle Italian operas. Not a big fan of German operas. Classical is a different story - I enjoy most, if not all.

Then of course there is heavy metal and alternative. Metallica, AC/DC, Godsmack, Evanescense, Seether, Florence and the Machine, Alice in Chains, NIN, etc etc...

I have an external drive that holds about 10,000 songs and counting. Music from 1930's to present and I am still not done.

Music has always played an important role in my life. Just about every thought I have has a song queue attached to it.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post: