Old 06-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #64
InsatiableHeart

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
what an amazing thing love is

InsatiableHeart Has the BEST ReputationInsatiableHeart Has the BEST ReputationInsatiableHeart Has the BEST ReputationInsatiableHeart Has the BEST ReputationInsatiableHeart Has the BEST ReputationInsatiableHeart Has the BEST ReputationInsatiableHeart Has the BEST ReputationInsatiableHeart Has the BEST ReputationInsatiableHeart Has the BEST ReputationInsatiableHeart Has the BEST ReputationInsatiableHeart Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandalAndy View Post
I do not understand why you believe that a gender neutral classroom does not validate multiple gendered experiences...

As a teacher I am not in the classroom to validate or invalidate anyone or any gender. I am there to teach children how to count, spell and read ect. I think we are placing too much emphasis on peoples genders. I am sure this will be taken wrong and I apologize if it is but, what does it matter what someone's gender is especially in 2nd grade? We need to teach children and adults alike to respect people not their gender. Once again this is my opinion.
InsatiableHeart is offline   Reply With Quote