Old 02-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #30
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JistMe View Post
Someone out there was meant to be the love of your life... your best friend; your soul mate.
He'll brush the hair out of your eyes, and send you flowers when you least expect it.
He'll stare at you during the movies, even though he paid $30 to see it.
He'll call you to tell you goodnight, or just because he is missing you.
He will call you right back when you hang up on him.
He'll lay with you under the stars listening to your heartbeat... or stay awake all night just to watch you sleep.
He'll kiss your forehead for no reason, and hold your hand in front of your Dad. He'll say you are just as beautiful without makeup on, and show you off to the world when you're in sweats.
He will constantly remind you how lucky he is to have you.
He'll look in your eyes and tell you that you are the most beautiful woman in the world, and for the first time in your life... you'll believe it.
You will know when you find him ---
He will be the one who turns to his friends, and says...
"Thats her..."
So....I wanted to pop back in...and say that I, too, appreciate this sentiment posted by JistMe. I think many of us want to feel that rush of romance....of adoration....of being swept off our feet.

Nothing wrong with that in my book.

I think, for me, where it stops is when this (above) is supposed to be all I am...the recipient of adoration.

Don't get me wrong....I like adoration. I want to feel that. I want adoration and love and dedication and faithfulness and passion and romance and all those wonderful sweet things that are the nectar of life.

It's just that there's so much more that I want.

I want to be respected for my strength, and my intelligence and my resourcefulness. I want to be protected when I feel vulnerable, and be the protective mama-bear when that's needed.

I want to be partners....in the real sense of the word. I want us to talk together, decide together, work together towards our goals.

I am not baggage. I do not want to be carried.

I am not an idol. I do not want to be worshipped.

I am not perfect....and neither are you. I want us to be perfectly imperfect together....for us each to step forward when it's a strength for us, and to allow the other to step forward when we are weak.

And, yes, if you stay up all night watching me sleep or stare at me through an entire movie....I'm gonna be creeped out.