Old 01-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #63
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post

yess Gemme i heard that usually once you are over that 2 week hump, it gets easier (and yay you!! must be awesome to rarely have the cravings).. i seem to cave in prior to that 2 week hump - lol !!! but, i am going to do lots of water drinking, i actually find now that im being more faithful with getting lots of water into me, my appetite isn't all too bad!
i definitely won't be trying that xenical now, eesh!
i think my biggest thing i need to work on right now, is the diet soda..
from reading everything posted, and some articiles on sparkpeople, my appetite is probably increased more with all the diet soda drinking i was doing too.. so, my best bet is to quit it.. QUIT IT LOL.. (thats a message to myself in caps) and go from there.. the rest i am pretty sure i'm getting on track with...

so my plan is, not doing this one day and another one day.. but staying firm on working on it all together, now! =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
i've been loving how drinking more water is making me feel too..
the only way i can drink water is when it is really cold, so i usually pop the bottle into the freezer for a bit and when it gets to the point its starting to freeze, i take it out and drink it then..

i got about six 8 oz. glasses of water into me today, i may grab another now.. i know i'm constantly thirsty, but since i've been off the diet soda, i'm not excessively thirsty like i was..

do any of you's who quit drinking the soda find the same thing?
i still get thirsty often but not as much as i was before.. it was like i couldn't quench my thirst whatsoever..

YAY to all the changes we've been making!
Good for you!!!

As for the water intake, unless I'm actually in the middle of a workout, I find it hard to swallow (ha!) plain water. I found a bottled water that's not too expensive and is actually filtered (versus Aquafina, which is tap basically) and I enjoy the taste much more but I can't drink only bottled water, so I have a trick. I buy those water flavoring packets. Crystal Light and Ocean Spray make them, but so does Wal-Mart (Great Value brand) and most grocery stores that sell them have a less expensive brand too. I love the orange, apple, strawberry kiwi, grape, fruit punch, pomegranate, and white cran peach flavors.

If you opt to try these, just remember the red ones (fruit punch, pom, etc) WILL be red and stain your lips and tongue. I tend to drink those at home only.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: