How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,165 Times in 5,133 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb0670 View Post

I remember how agile i used to be, how i was able to do bunches of things that now i am like. yeah no.

This is what gets to me. I don't think about being old(er) all the time, but then some perfectly normal thing will come up, like changing a light bulb in the ceiling fixture, and I start to reconsider - "Maybe I should get someone else to do that? What if I lose my balance?"

(I'm offering a prize for the best answer: "Q: How many old(er) lesbians does it take to change a light bulb?" PM me your answers, and I'll pick one. I'm serious, I will send someone a (small) prize. And I'll post the winner and their answer here.)

I have dreams about running . . . running everywhere, down a city street, on a country road, around the aisles of a grocery store. I'll wake up and think, "Wow, that felt good. I should do that." And then I'll remember that I can't even walk somewhere without a cane, and sitting down to take breaks after short distances, and just getting out of bed is going to hurt like the dickens in several different places.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: