How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation
Default Marines

I am a Marine. (once a Marine....) I was a drill instructor.
Loved every second I was there , I lived my dream. Got kicked out for being gay. You can read about it in a book called "Conduct Unbecoming." By Randy Shilts. Long story. Too long to explain. The book doesn't state all the facts, mainly because I refused to be interviewed by anyone. But court martials are public record, so they got most of the info from that, and then some other info from those who were willing to tell their story .So not always accurate, or the whole complete truth, since it didn't come straight from the horses' mouth, so to speak. None-the-less the book gives you the general idea of what happened.
But don't think I'm bitter, because nothing could be less true. I love the Marine Corps it was my dream to be a Marine. Although it was hard to have the dream taken away, I'm always proud to say I am a Marine. I lived my dream, not many people can say that. Some people live their whole life and never know what that feels like. But I do. And I will always be grateful for that. If I could add one more comment, don't hold it against the Marine Corps, because it wasn't the Corps , just a few homophobic people in it. I had a lot of secret support, from alot of straight hard corps Marines. Doing things that could have gotten them in big trouble, to help me as much as they could.
Hey Semper Fi Oddz. I'm all present and accounted for.
JAGG