Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

US Army - 1974-1977
21st Military Police Company - Ft Bragg, NC

Ft Jackson, Columbia, SC - Basic Training
Ft McClellan, Alabama - MP Training
Ft Bragg, NC - Permanent Duty Station

First - Thanks to the many veterans and current service members for all you do and have done for our country!!

Many of you who served way back when, lol, knows what it was like to be in the military back then. Women were 1 of 2 things, you were either gay or a whore and that is how you were basically treated, or at least, that's how it was at Bragg. I was singled out (because of my masculine looks and the fact that I had a female civilian living with me off-post) and pushed by my superiors to "break". I was sent to see a post "shrink" to see if I was indeed "gay" in hopes of discharging me. Luckily for me, the "shrink" that they sent me to see was indeed a "brother" who just laughed and said well of course you are but made his official findings different, which of course just pissed off my superiors, lol. I was damn good at what I did, even arrested the Sheriff of Cumberland County for driving drunk on post, boy did that ever incur the wrath because I wouldn't drop the charges, lol. But all in all I'd have to say I'd do it all over again!

Proud to have served!
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post: