Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

My latest read is from a book gifted to me, titled .....

The House Girl by Tara Conklin.

Synopsis from the back cover of the book about the story and the author:

"Lisa Sparrow is an ambitious young lawyer working on an historic class action suit seeking reparations for the decedent's of American slaves. Josephine is a seventeen year old house slave who tends to the mistress of a Virginia farm, an aspiring artist named Lu Anne Bell. Alternating between antebellum Virginia and modern-day New York. The House Girl is an searing tale of art, history, love, and secrets that intertwines the stories of two remarkable women," -- Marie Claire.

Tara Conklin has worked as an litigator in the New York and London offices of a corporate law firm but now devotes time to writing fiction. Conklin received a B.A. in History from Yale University, a JD from New York University School of Law, and an Master of Arts in Law and Diplomacy from the Fletcher School at Tufts University. Born in St Croix, Conklin grew up in Massachusetts and now lives with her family in Seattle, Washington. The House Girl is Conklin's first novel.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: