Old 09-16-2018, 08:01 PM   #5
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheatToast View Post
Where do you ladies and butches stand on baby talk, among adults?
Ummmm….not really. As far as babies, there are a few words-here and there- that I might use. I use jammies on a regular basis but not with that annoying tone that baby talk can have sometimes.

As for pets, yeah, I can be guilty of that from time to time but mostly it's saying adult things in a higher pitch than normal, such as, "What are you DOING with that, baby?" with the emphasis on the doing so it's my tone that's baby like than my actual words.

I do identify as a girl and I do participate in D/g and there is the occasional sprinkling of baby-ish talk, or more accurately, baby-ish language but I don't do age play (although I have a little...it's complicated). I do have pet names for lovers and some of them fall in your list but it's situational and personal to that person, not generally.

I don't say wawa to anyone...child, animal or adult....as is with most of the words and phrases in your first list. However, some of the words and phrases are something that has been in my family for a long time. I have adult members of my family that speak in adult speech and tones and still call spaghetti...sketti. Or psketti. I can't visualize it as baby talk because I hear my 6 ft 9 inch 400 lb uncle say it in his baritone in my head. Sometimes it was followed by a 'fuggetaboutit' if he asked if we were having it and we weren't.

For the record, I do love a nice onesie but that's a different story altogether.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: