How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Butch is obviously not synonymous with female- not all females identify as butch and not all butches identify as female.
Obviously. LOL. You are right. It was perhaps not the right word to choose. I meant neither male nor female are a necessary addition to the identity of butch and that butch is not automatically considered a female or male identity. Although for me it is a female identity, as I am female and a woman as well as a butch and a feminist and a lesbian.

And I do identify with genderqueer but I don't identify as genderqueer because as a woman there is something about it that feels a tad erasing. But I am eternally evolving so perhaps i will find a way to reconcile the two. My feelings are probably left over from when people argued over whether femme could be a genderqueer identity.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: