Thread: Chow Down
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #22
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by turasultana View Post
Best cupcake in NYC (no not magnolia or buttercup or crumbs - trust me on this one)

http://www.sugarsweetsunshine.com/

Sugarsweet Sunshine on Rivington Street on the lower east side. they're all amazing but my faves are "the bob" which is yellow with chocolate almond butter-cream frosting, and Pistachio which is fucking amazing.

Within a block or two is also Economy candy where you can buy all the oldtimey candy plus gourmet chocolate, (and hand dipped graham crackers covered in dark chocolate).

AND Babeland
Magnolia's frosting is too damn sweet! I end up in a sugar coma before I've made it through half of one.

My favorite regular place to go in all of New York and almost (but not entirely) exclusively for the bartender (Franchesca) who may not still be there, is Lil Frankie's on 1st Ave between 1st & 2nd Streets.

Amazing pizza from a wood fired oven imported from Napoli.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post: