Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
her favorite snack

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
I learnt that Eros is a really complicated Greek Being. I learnt more about Love, Complete Love, not just carnal Love that I ever thought I would.

I learnt that I cannot always pick a Being to work with, nope this time Eros tapped me on the shoulder and said - Sit down I got a tale for you - So, if you are encountering a Primordial Being - sit down, hush, follow the lead, and figure it out.

Primordial – generally when we think of that word, most of us follow it with ooze. Well, I beg of you not to think of ooze when I mention Primordial.
The word "parthenogenesis" comes from the Greek parthenos, meaning "virgin", and genesis, meaning "birth".

Hesiod, Aristophanes and the Orphica are the oldest written references to Eros. It is difficult to find even glimpses of the Primordial Beings because written history came so long after our ancestors who told stories about them.

ristophanes, Birds 685 ff (trans. O'Neill) (Greek comedy C5th to 4th B.C.) :
"At the beginning there was only Khaos (Air), Nyx (Night), dark Erebos (Darkness), and deep Tartaros (Lower World) Firstly, black-winged Nyx (Night) laid a germless egg in the bosom of the infinite deeps of Erebos (Darkness), and from this, after the revolution of long ages, sprang the graceful Eros with his glittering golden wings, swift as the whirlwinds of the tempest. He mated [or fertilised] in deep Tartaros with dark Khaos (Air), winged like himself, and thus hatched forth our race, which was the first to see the light. That of the Immortals did not exist until Eros had brought together all the ingredients of the world… Thus our origin is very much older than that of the dwellers in Olympos. We are the offspring of Eros; there are a thousand proofs to show it. "

Now I want to stop and tell you that Eros was a two faced Being. Orphica, Argonautica 6TH Cen “ two-sexed, two-faced, glorious Eros”. Eros is portrayed as a beautiful golden-winged hermaphroditic deity wrapped in a serpent's coils. When we reconsider what Aristophanes said “He mated in deep Tartaros (the lower world) with dark Khaos (Air), winged like himself, and thus hatched forth our race”... Of course Eros could - Hermaphroditic Beings can.

Our Beginnings do come from Union. Not separation.

Anyway...
I am assuming your understanding came first..but what makes it marvelous is that you could apply it to something tangible in your life..this happens to all of us but loving everything greek, this speaks to me..I'm going to have to read it a few times to digest it ..
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post: